Julio Zapata has substantial experience in defending clients in real estate disputes, breach of contract disputes, and general litigation.
He has represented clients involving abuses of trust, including breaches of fiduciary duties, collection of debt, as well as real estate and business disputes, and tortious interference with contract wherein a third party hinders or prevents performance of an agreement.
- Represented a custom home builder against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, extortion and breach of contract. Obtained a full defense verdict against damage claims in excess of $72 million and recovered approximately 80% of attorneys' fees and costs for client.
- Represented limited liability companies in lawsuits for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and tortious interference with contract.
- Represented numerous used car businesses pertaining to claims for breach of contract, fraud, fraudulent inducement and violations of consumer laws.
- Represented restaurant owner for alleged Americans with Disabilities Act violations. Julio Zapata obtained dismissal of case.
- Represented restaurant purchaser on claims for alleged breach of contract, fraud and fraudulent inducement claims. Julio Zapata achieved a favorable settlement in excess of $600,000.
- Julio Zapata has successfully represented clients concerning contractual disputes with customers and suppliers, breach of contract disputes, partnership disputes, and real estate disputes.
Plaintiff's Contingent Fee Commercial Litigation
Julio Zapata has represented, on a contingent fee basis, a spectrum of commercial matters. He has prosecuted numerous claims on behalf of clients and has had numerous successful jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations and mediations. Depending on various factors concerning liability and damages, Julio Zapata will consider representing commercial litigation on a contingent fee basis.
- Represented commercial real estate seller, on a contingent fee basis, which case arose out of the sale of commercial property wherein fraudulent activities were allegedly committed by the buyer. Julio Zapata achieved a favorable settlement in excess of $2 million.
- Represented a dairy farmer, on a contingent fee basis, arising out of alleged fraudulent activities by seller of cows. Julio Zapata achieved a favorable settlement in the amount of $450,000.